Mercedes-Benz Trucks has unveiled a new Actros Edition 1 at the IAA Show in Hannover – a special model, limited to 400 vehicles worldwide, of which at least 35 will come to the UK.
Merc said Edition 1 is being manufactured to celebrate the start of production of the new Actros.
Aside from being equipped with innovations that come as standard in the new Actros, the Edition 1 adds numerous special equipment items geared to the driver. This includes seven packages alone:
- Safety Package, with Active Brake Assist 5, driver’s airbag and Proximity Control Assist
- Driving Package with electric roller sun visor, leather steering wheel and more
- Comfort Package with Night & Day ambience lighting, shaving mirror, refrigerator
- Media Package with sound system, notebook bracket, and an extra 12V socket
- Stowage Package including table, shelving system, drawer under the instrument panel
- Sight Package, which includes bi-xenon headlamps and LED tail lamps
- Extra Line with LED position lamps, LED indicators and welcome light
Inside and out, the Edition 1 is instantly recognisable. For example, the Edition 1 logo is visible in the sun visor and below the model plate. The sun visor also includes four additional LED main-beam headlamps, while there’s an exclusive paint finish on the front panels.
The illuminated Mercedes-Benz star has a black surround and there are six additions to the grille trim, while the headlamp surround is also darkened. Likewise, the MirrorCam arms are finished in chrome. On tractor units, there’s also stainless steel wheel nut caps on each axle.
Drivers access the cab via the stainless steel steps. Inside are leather door handles with contrasting topstitching, a leather steering wheel, and the cockpit trimmed with black leather. Exclusive floor mats and an Edition 1 plaque on the passenger-side dash in polished and brushed aluminium highlights the fact that these vehicles are limited to just 400 worldwide.
Looking up reveals the roof hatch with ambient lighting in eight colours. Driver comfort is also enhanced with a bed that measures an industry-leading 900 mm wide, which comes with a duvet cover. A wrap-around curtain – almond beige on the inside, black on the outside – provides privacy in stylish fashion. As does the curtain sporting the Mercedes-Benz star across the front of the bed.